Thursday, January 17, 2013

10 easy tips to healthy eating

I see so many people trying to be healthy and they don't know where to start when it comes to eating. So here is a list of simple things I do to stay on track.

1. LOG ALL YOUR FOOD!!! This is one of the most important things you can do. Log everything that goes into your mouth. You will be surprised how things add up. I use myfitnesspal. It is an app or you can go on myfitnesspal.com. I have mine set where you can see exactly what I eat every day. So friend request me @ srfrsmwr and you can use mine as a guide.

2. WEIGH AND MEAURE all your food. This is another very important part, especially when you are starting off. I can guarantee you are not guessing correctly.

3. Do not starve yourself. If you are able to, get your metabolism done. This way you know exactly how many calories your body needs to function. I suggest eating a minimum of 1400 calories. If you eat too little, your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat.

4. If you log, then you will be able to see how much you are eating are carbs vs fats vs protein. My carbs usually make up about 30% of my diet, about 30% is fat and about 40% is protein. It is better to go over on fat and protein then carbs. My calorie total is set to 1500 but then I add my workouts in and that gives me added calories.

5. Have a big breakfast and a small dinner. Eat within 45 minutes of waking up to give you energy for the day ahead of you. Eat about every 3 hours. I have about 3 meals, my first one being the largest and the last being the smallest, and 3 snacks.

6. Stay away from sugars and carbs three hours before you go to bed.

7. Load up on veggies every single meal!

8. Shop on the outside of the grocery store. Stay away from the aisles

9. Make your own food!!! Do not buy premade food. Stay away from the quick oatmeal, the pre-made sausage patties. They are filled with sugar, salt and fake ingredients. Take one day out of your week and make your turkey burgers out of lean ground turkey. Get old-fashion oats, measure them out and add cinnamon and stevia and wa la, you have quick oatmeal, you can just grab and go. All you need is one day to prep your food, and the rest of the week you will be good. Refer to my older posts about food prep

10. Give yourself one cheat meal a week. This way you can eat what you want to eat for that one meal, guilt free. I promise if you eat clean the rest of the time, this one meal will not make you gain 10 pounds. It will also prevent you from just snapping one day and eating everything in sight.


Please let me help you!!! Nutrition is what I love. Do not hesitate to ask.

Make good decisions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment