Saturday, December 29, 2012

A new Year, a new chance

So we are two days away from 2013. What kind of life are you going to live? What changes are you going to make? This is the time of year where everyone is making their resolutions. Have you made yours? Do it!!! Grab a pad of paper and do write them NOW!!! After you write them down, post that paper where you will see it all the time. Do not make impossible goals. Instead of saying, "lose 20lbs this month", look at the reasons why you are overweight. Maybe you workout a lot but you eat really crappy. Set specific goals that will help you lose the weight. For example, less carbs and more protein. Or eat a bigger breakfast and a smaller dinner, or eat more vegetables. Those will be easier to follow then the typical, "just to lose weight". Find something that will keep you motivated. My thing was pinterest and facebook, yes you read that right. I pinned everything under the sun that was related to health and fitness. Same thing with facebook, I like all the fitness pages I could find. Facebook especially kept me motivated. The pages were always posting positive and motivating comments. I got tons of ideas on healthy food and habits. I absorbed every piece of information I could. The pictures of girls with rock hard bodies also kept me going, kept me motivated, but that is what worked for me. Find what works for you. Post that invitation to your school reunion, or hang that bikini you want to wear this summer. Whatever keeps YOU working hard!!! The biggest thing is do not give up. We are human and we will slip up. But do not stop working toward your goal because you ate the entire cake. Brush it off and start fresh the next day, but DO NOT give up!!! So write out your goals and make 2013 the best year yet. Here are my goals...

1. Drink more water (I do well at work bc I have a system of when I drink water, but at home I slack a bit)
2. Pick a goal (such as a triathlon, crossfit comp...) to work towards after the wedding. I need to sign up and pay for one by the end of next year
4. Stick to starbucks to only once a week (I am a starbucks addict- this is for financially and health)
5. Eat more vegetables!!!
6. Stick to only one cheat meal a week (again I am human and I slip up)
7. Save money!!!
8. Get mostly As at ASU
9. Have more patience and calm when plans change
10. BE A GOOD WIFEY (after June 28 ;) haha )

your turn....

No comments:

Post a Comment