Thursday, December 13, 2012

So many opinions...

Everyone seems to have their own thoughts on health and nutrition. Everyone thinks their idea on what you should eat, is the best way to eat. Carbs, no carbs, paleo, vegan, Adkins... And the list goes on and on and on. Everyone including myself is confused about what is healthy or will help you lose weight. Even last week, I asked a couple fitness models, what they change in their eating habits when they are "bulking" (or trying to add muscle) and of course I got several different answers. So what is the best "diet" follow? NONE OF THEM. They are all dumb. Yupppp. Any diet that restricts you from eating something, is not good. Unless you go to a nutritionist and get blood work or take an allergy test and find out what is not good for YOUR body. Other then that you should not restrict anything. Everything has nutrients that your body need. You will hear people say, "don't eat fruit because of the sugar" or another one that i love, "don't eat carbs". These are two very common restrictions in diets and it is unfortunate because they are both needed. Obviously, don't eat just fruits, or don't eat just carbs. Everything needs to be done in moderation.  Fiddle around with the amounts. I try to avoid carbs and sugars before bed, but I do not avoid them all together. I love my fruits so good luck on getting me to cut those out. With carbs, if I do not eat enough, I get very sluggish and tired. Carbs give you energy, so you need them. I choose to cut out dairy for my skin. When I eat dairy, I break out, so I switched to almond milk. I also stay away from wheat and gluten because it makes me sick. When I eat wheat or gluten, my stomach get bloated, I physically look like I am pregnant. It gets super hard and it hurts.  If you think something is making you sick, cut it out for a couple weeks, and see how you feel. If you feel better, then you know that was not right for your body. Learn to listen to your body. Everyone is different, so I don't believe everyone should follow the same eating habits. Those diets are there to make money, not to make you healthy. Research things and come to your own conclusion. I have taken class after class and have read studies after studies to come up with my thoughts of nurtrion. I regulate my eating by listening to my body. The only thing I do limit is when I eat certain things. But everyone is different. I see some fitness people eat simple carbs before bed, but I avoid it. You will hardly find someone that doesn't have a different opinion about nutrition then the other person. Research and form your own, based on your body. Anyways, its raining and is cold, so I made myself a healthier version of hot chocolate. Mmmmm






1. Almond milk heated up
2. Tablespoon of non sweetened cocoa
3. Half a scoop of my chocolate protein powder
3. Packet of stevia




No comments:

Post a Comment