Tuesday, December 18, 2012

If you want to lose weight, then you have to eat

One of the biggest mistakes I see people do (I am even guilty), when trying to lose weight, is start working out and make a huge cut in calories. This is where everyone goes wrong. I went snowboarding this past weekend and I weighed myself before and after the weekend.

I never weigh myself anymore because I am trying to put on muscle now and not lose weight, so I will gain weight. We are so programmed to care what our numbers are. What we weigh, what our BMI is or what our fat percentage is. So when we see that number go up, it freaks us out, even though we are looking better. So i just stopped getting on the scale and judge what I see in the mirror. Obviously, I am still learning how to not look for my imperfections and look for my progress.

Anyways, I weighed myself for this blog, knowing I wanted to write on this topic. I gained 3 lbs over the weekend. Automatically you would assume that I over indulged on food. When I didn't, I did not eat enough. I did not have any cheat meals and did not drink any alcohol this trip. I packed protein bars, almonds, protein powders, fruits, veggies, baggies of chicken and a container of oatmeal. But how much can I pack in my gear for while snowboarding? Usually we stop at subway on our way up to have them later for lunch but this time we were so eager to get up we didn't. I thought they would have something on the slopes, but of course all they had was pizza!! I was not about to ruin my weekend with that. So after talking to a couple people there, they finally gave my meatballs, THREE of them!!! With the amount of calories I was burning, I needed like 7 haha. Thats where it all went wrong.

I tried to make up for it at dinner, getting an egg white omelette packed with meat, and then I ate everyone else's meat they were not eating (ya people were looking at me like I was crazy). It still was not enough. Not eating enough plus not enough water, helped me put on those 3 lbs.

When you do not eat enough for your body to function, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to all the fat. You need to eat enough for your body to now think this. When working out, you need to up your calories, so you are able to still function. You will notice a difference in weight loss, exercise  performance and energy. EAT THE FOOD!!! Eat clean and train hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment