Thursday, October 18, 2012

Want to succeed??? Food prep

If you are trying to lose weight or just flat out be healthy then have a food prep day once a week!!! Having food you can quickly grab on your way out the door is huge. It will prevent you from having to stop at one of those fast food chains... You know the ones with the fake meat? Take two hours out of your weekend to plan and make your food for the upcoming week. Cook, WEIGH and separate your chicken, turkey or whatever other protein you want. Separate your veggies into little bags. Boil your eggs and fill Tupperware with greens for salads. This way you can grab the things you need and be out the door. I suggest 4-5oz of protein every meal and unlimited veggies. Make sure you are getting your fats in there also. I even separate almonds into little baggies. I also suggest buying a cute cooler to always have snacks with you. Here is a look at a prep day for me. I freeze a lot of it. It is much easier to have the final product just defrost then to cook every day
My chicken cooked (I flavored them differently)

Paleo blueberry muffins (I had blueberries about to go bad)

Beginning of the process




No comments:

Post a Comment